Evidence Solutions, Inc., (ESI) is a premier forensics company founded in 1982.

ESI Provides Elite Experts in:

Digital and Electronic Evidence, Computer Forensics, Cell Phone Forensics
Trucking, Truck Accident Investigation and Trucking Regulations, Truck Safety Consulting, Heavy Vehicles & Hazardous Materials
Sports and Fitness, Fitness Facility Standard of Care
Real Estate & Land, Real Estate Syndication
Bankruptcy and Corporate Governance
Accident Reconstruction & Product Failure Analysis!

Call Us For A Free Consultation! 866-795-7166

 

Software Copyright Expert Witness:
Reading the Terms and Conditions of Software
might save your soul

Software Copyright / Intellectual Property / Computer Forensics Articles

By Scott Greene

------------------------------------------------------------

Reading the long legal document associated with most software and websites is a pain and a half. They are long, complicated, and quite boring. Many users simply ignore the document and click “I accept” or “I agree” and go along their merry way (like you are going to say no to them anyway). To see how many people actually read the contract, a UK-based video game retailer included a clause in their website that gave the company the right to the users “immortal soul” after they died. While comical in nature and pointless in the real world, it proves a point, how many people actually read the contract? According to this retailer, over 88% of users ignored the clause or did not notice it. The remaining 12% who did see it, were given the option to opt-out and receive a small gift for their efforts. Some other web comedians have gone one step further to make even more fun of the Terms and Conditions. Enjoy!

funny terms and conditions

 

Evidence Solutions, Inc.

Complex Electronic Evidence in PLAIN English.

Call us today with your Digital Evidence Questions: 866-795-7166 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Related Articles:

Alert! Stop using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer RIGHT NOW!

Computer Forensics

Trust the data not the software - Data Forensics Expert

Like Evidence Solutions - Intellectual Property on Facebook

Follow Evidence Solutions - Intellectual Property Division on LinkedIn

Circle Evidence Solutions - Intellectual Property Division on Google+

Google+ Author

Google+ Publisher